23 November 2008

NN and NV are back to kiosks

Today I was very much surprised when I was told that two independent newspapers, Nasha Niva and Narodnaya Volya, which have been struggling since 2006 (the year of the presidential elections, when those newspapers lost their channels of distribution by order from the presidential administration) to get normal way of distribution via kiosk, will make it through. And now it's happening, hopefully, starting from the next week I can buy those newpapers in a kiosk nearby my house. Is it a miracle? No, this are the acts of real politik: Belarus wants to sell goods to the EU --> Belarus needs to improve democracy --> The government and the presidential administration weaken their repressions of the independent actors. C'est la vie, as French people say. I am happy that this steps are in the right direction. Though, so far really small steps. God bless Belarus paraphrasing the US president ;)

No comments: