19 October 2007

Pliushkin or what and where to store

I go back to my school Russian literature programme every time I decide to store something. Why? There was a here with a family name (or was it his nickname?) Pliushkin, since that year for me Pliushkin is a person who stores lots of things which he/she might once need, but actully would never use them. This is the nightmare I am trying to avoid.

Although it's not so easy to keep everything in order and nice looking if you have a small flat or even a room. As the IKEA commercials say here in Vienna - "small space needs brilliant ideas". I would agree with that. It's not only about making your space nice but also to find the place to store things. The storage solutions can be really different. Since the room is really valuable for leaving I would store the things at the moment I don't need in a different place, for example in a garage or in a stockroom (esp. appropriate for our "slavic culture" to conserve and marinade:). The list could be really long, from my old toys which I hope to show to my grandchildren to my notes from the college.

On the other hand I am happy I don't have to many things right now, so I can "think about it tomorrow". The nice weekend is ahead!

P.S. This post is brough to you thanks to CarGuyGarage.com.

No comments: