06 December 2006

Tolerance

I thinking more often now about tolerance. Am I tolerant? Are people in my country tolerant. You might ask me why I pose such questions. The answer is quite simple, I've just realised that in some situations I am not qute tolerant (I am not speaking about toleration of people smoking neaby, though I can't really stand it, but anyway). In some situations my understanding of tolerance is quite different from understanding of other people from other parts of the world. Like, I think that tolerance has something to do with understanding (or trying to understand) and certain respect towards other people. It's not about applying their values for yourself. But some people consider torance to be equal to no jugement, no saying your own opinion about something you are not sure about... What should I do in cases when I am not 100% sure about my opinion, but I have one?! :)

No comments: