06 December 2006

Common Myth and Urban Legend at Maxim

Maxim has just released their new Common Myth and Urban Legend Debunkkment Section that examines which ones are true and which are false. Well, let's have a look:) I liked this one: "The Catholic Church is the largest landowner in the world". Which is lie according to Maxim, though I would doubt it for certain coutries:) especially in Midieval ages ;) Next one is also good: "The Great Wall of China is the only man-made object you can see from space", of course it's not true as with Google Earth we can see even my house! Also the one with car issue was useful for me: "If you put your car in neutral going downhill, you’ll save gas", so now I now that it's better not to do it. If you want to know why, just have a look at Common Myths and decide for yourself:)

P.S. The last one for the desert: "If you mention the words “kill” and “president” in the same sentence over the phone, government computers will automatically record the conversation." Uff, it depents on the country again, I guess...

No comments: