07 April 2008

Yes! I found this video

Few days ago I have read in the news that the Free Theater of Bearus was working together with Brittish actors and they recorded a video message to Belarusian people. Today I found this video on YouTube, so I can post it and comment on it! First the video:

The most emotional part for me was the last phrase: Zhyvie Belarus - Long live Belarus, a slogan used a lot for patriotic people here and not very welcome but the current government :D The names of the actors: Diana Quick, Tobias Menzies, Henry Goodman, Jocelyn Gee, Kim Cattrall, Richard Wilson, Andrea Riseborough and Alan Rickman. My favorite part of the video in quotes:
Alan Rickman: "I wanna come to your country, and just to seat down and drink wine with you."
Henry Goodman (his family was from Belarus): "I am very pleased to see that you are able to fight for free [Belarus]"
"Everyone is ready to say this piece? Жыве Беларусь! One more time! Жыве Беларусь!"
Some photos can be found here.

No comments: