20 November 2007

The world is really going mad...

I've just read a news about statistics, but not just usual staff, the numbers of people who died for several reasons in Belarus over the last 9 months. I could never think of those numbers and now I see them and I am shocked. It's not a secrete that the number of people who have died from cancer is somehow hidden behind the other illnesses, but there are other very important ones. Just think of it, over the last 9 months 2,127 commited suicide!!! That's not normal, I mean, of course it depends on the perseption, but it's just not OK at all. In the country with the population of about 10mln you can not have 2 thousand of suicides in 9 months, do people loose any hope for peace and harmony in this life? I AM shocked! Next number - 1,767 died from alcohol poisoning... No comments, really I have nothing else to add.
And the population of this country is shrinking...

No comments: