22 September 2007

Deep into Archives

Deep into archives there are so many hidden and preserved stories of different families, it's amazing ans also really comlicated. Few days ago I got first documents from the archives, precisely lots of photos of different documents concerning the familly of my father from the end of 18th - beginning of 19th centuries. So far, it's quite complicated without any explanations, but there you go, like a real detective I've discovered for example:
My grand grand father (from my father's side) first married being 19! One year later his wife died and he married again being 26 on my grand grand mother:)
My mothers family name is Barycheuski, there was a document dated 1802 in Polish (Polish was used on the lands of ex Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth even in Russian Empire for a while) with description of Barycheuski (or Boryczewski in Polish) family. And it's coat of arms is Tarnawa, as I wrote before!
Well, that's just the beginning! I will find out more;)

No comments: