09 November 2006

What is Buzz?

Keeping in mind my previous I am still interested in Indernet mechanism of PR and Adverticement:) This time I met a new term for me, the "BUZZ". I googled it!
Emanuel Rosen: "I define buzz and explain why it's important. By "buzz" I refer to all the word of mouth about a brand. It's the aggregate of all person-to-person communication about a particular product, service, or company at any point in time. The following excerpt describes how I became interested in buzz and brings some statistics about the importance of word of mouth in different industries."
What is more interesting the same author tells that there are 10 industries which are "affected by Buzz":
1. Automotive
2. Consumer Electronics
3. High Tech
4. Entertainment
5. Fashion
6. Health Care
7. Publishing
8. Travel
9. Toy and Games
10. Consumer packaged goods

Well, it might be really true. I thing I made my first order through OTTO not because I was advertising it on our web-portal, but because my friend told me it could be cool:) There you go!

No comments: