14 November 2006

Real battle: history maps and country name

Well, I've realised that sometimes I really have to finght for the "TRUTH". In fact maybe it's just my own truth, but still I have to prove it again and again.

Yesterday which preparing for my French class I was reading Le Monde and again they misspelled the name of my country. Why can't they just start writing Le BĂ©larus, pourquoi pas? It really annoys, you know. I think I will write a letter to them, as well to French embassy in Minsk and to other sites which are providing information about Belarus:) So again I have to finght for the correct spelling of our name.

And back to history lectures. I promised to my teacher to find a good map of the Commonwealth (Polish Kindom with Grand Duchy of Lithuania adn Rus' - GDL) before the three partitions in 1772, 1791 and 1993 between Russia, Prussia and Austria. So I work hard on it, as it is not an easy task especially to find it in black and white colores with English names on it:)

P.S. While looking for a map I found a map of The introduction of the potato to Europe, but it's next story:)

No comments: