22 November 2006

Google vs Borat

I've just read an article about Borat being presented on YouTube before being shown in cinema. It was rather successful way to promote it as parts of this story were shown on YouTube (owned by Google). I will not concentrate on the article itself, but what is more interesting is the conclusion:
- YouTube works for on-line PR for "non mature audience"
- Google should make money with it
- Thanks to YouTube people know about Borat even in countries where it will not be in cinema

For me it's not surprising, although thanks to YouTube I knew in advance what kind of jokes to expect from Borat (so I was prepared). And I went to cinema despite YouTube and just thanks to excitement of my mates:), to have my own opinion:)

One more interesting fact. The article I've read in Le Monde (in FR) is from the Globalist and its author is from BELARUS! It's Evgeny Morozov who is also writting TOL blog about Belarus.

No comments: