20 November 2006

Cool GPS tracking!

I remember my first time when I saw how GPS worked I was amazed! We drove and saw on the map our way:) Then this year I've faced more practical use of GPS navigation in Helsinki, where it is used by all taxi drivers (I have a photo somewhere, so I can put it on-line later). When I came to Vienna, the firs thing I saw was a car with... Guess what? ... GPS navigation! Of course!

And now I found a web-site which helps people to track their car. You can see their demo of GPS Fleet Tracking on-line. It great that more and more services are supported by Google maps, although their are not avaliable for the whole world in details. Anyway, back to this device. When you click the blue "View Demo" Button you can play with the demo (note the 10 second refresh), you can see how certain car moves and where it is. You can zoom in out if you like, you can change map layout (satellite or just normal map; actually, I prefer a gibrid one:).

It is interesting to play with such a tool, but it is also quite usefull. When? For example you can track a car of your child to be sure that he/she is safe and still in the city:) Or you can track where is your employee which is supposed to be working right now. I just believe that in any case a person which is track in a car should be aware of it:)

No comments: