04 August 2006

Car stories

Author is here: http://hiero.ru/Kooob I've never thought that I should be married when I was buying my car :D Today I realised that Belarusian society is full of stereotypes about girls and cars. Today at underground parking near my work I was proposed to ask my (!) HUSBAND to drive me outside the city where I can practice parking to feel confident. I just smiled at that guy. I don't need a husband to have a car, it's ridiculous.

And before all the workers of the parking were staring at me and smiling, some showing me directions and even bowning, funny, eh?

Yesterday I went to repair my left weels as I cut them somewhere on the road and actually I was really happy that after previous visit workers at service remembered me and asked about different problems with car I used to have before. Finally I was asked if my car was a toy car as the weels were really small... Well, maybe they are small, but I am quite happy with my car!

And I can say for sure that the most important in driver is the same as in any other person - patience, attention and respect to other people. If you have all this then who cares about your gender on the road! ;)

No comments: